Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Clark Sage - "You Don't Know Me Now"

https://soundcloud.com/clarksage/ydkmn

 

Emerging onto the scene from Boston, MA, artist/producer Clark Sage began his career as a result of a 9th grade science project. Now, he creates music that derives from experiences and moments of his life. Any set of circumstances may inspire different feelings in his music such as chill or jumpy or moving. The final product, however, is music that's original and memorable. His albums, "For Something Greater" & "The Modest Anomaly," are prime examples, ultimately leading his track "On The Road" to be featured on Pitchfork. For him, all steps are intended. Everything is envisioned. The future of Clark Sage is already written.

Considering this is the first song I released since "For Something Greater," I lost motivation and belief in myself. I started believing that being an artist wasn't meant for me. In addition to that, I did not feel like I could make music that was better than what was on FSG. However, I decided to make this song because I'm a different person from the man I once was - the real "me." And if the real "me" met the new "me" they wouldn't recognize each other. So, all in all, this song serves as a reminder to remain confident in myself because I have the talent to flourish as a rapper and everything else in life.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment