Tuesday, July 25, 2017
Nino Brown currently has a record called "Kardashian Kurse" in which he is addressing the way these women have affected our black legends' lives for the worst. Nino Brown bluntly states that its not the Kardashians' fault, but rather the men for not remaining themselves when they enter these relationships. These men become Kardashians immediately instead of keeping their own identity and aura, in which what made them great and what got them the girl in the first place. They change into someone else in a sunken place and never return back to normal. Check out Nino Brown's new video "Kardashian Kurse" below and let us know if you agree.
- Quiz tells Kim Kardashian she's actually more like Chrissy Teigen than Kim Kardashian
- Kris Jenner Is Still Living That #YachtLife on Vacation Amid Rob's Struggles Back Home
- Tino Cochino Radio Releases Rob Kardashian/Blac Chyna "Diss" Track
- Model: Kardashian hit me
- Rob Kardashian's Instagram account vanishes after posting explicit photos of ex-fiancee Blac Chyna
- Blac Chyna Just Clapped Back At Rob Kardashian Without Saying A Word
- Jemima Kirke and Tracee Ellis Ross Partied This Week
Thursday, July 20, 2017
Released on Mello Music Group, Resolution is one of those timeless records. The first full-length from Mr. Lif & Akrobatik (The Perceptionists) in a dozen years (Black Dialogue was released on El-P’s Def Jux imprint) reflects the struggles and near-death sagas that struck Mr. Lif and Akrobatik. During that span, Lif miraculously survived his tour bus plummeting over a cliff and bursting into flames. Akrobatik weathered a sudden aortic rupture and emergency open-heart surgery. The impact of those experiences forced the former Def Jux duo to contemplate fate, luck, and their own place within a world spinning out of control.
But their ability to survive has allowed them to thrive. They’ve harnessed a radiant hard-won optimism that refuses to flinch from the evils of existence. From the album’s first track, “Early Mourning,” Akrobatik asserts that courage comes from within, but reflects on the millions of young black men sent to premature graves. He considers whether gang affiliation is inherent in their souls, or more likely, whether things would be different if these neighborhoods were well lit and effectively policed.
If turmoil and inequity currently wrack the globe at record levels, Lif’s verses seem more prophetic than ever. His verses offer searing indictments of corporate and political corruption: corporations oppressing local farms, governmental duplicity in dealing with big pharmaceutical companies, and the crooked brutality of cops who get away with shooting unarmed black men.
On the first single from the project, “Hose Down,” the pair’s biting commentary discussed the continued lack of accountability for police injustice in the wake of the Philandro Castille verdict and posed the question “Is it worse now?" Comparing today's traffic stops and police shootings to the civil rights violence when dogs and hoses met protest, the Boston group contemplates how bad things still remain.
Today, The Perceptionists release the second single, “Dirty Drumz,” from Resolution, which was exclusively premiered by Mass Appeal. Produced by Mr. Lif, “Dirty Drumz” is a raw, rugged, gain-pumping, boom-bap masterpiece. “All the world wants is some dirty ass drums/ we stand where we stand and we don’t plan to run” Lif exclaims.
Mr. Lif & Akrobatik’s (The Perceptionists) Resolution will be released on 7-28-17 by Mello Music Group.
- Mother's tweets of son's hospital bill go viral
- Interview: Lucas 'Rico' Corrubia Talks Career in Broadway's Audio World, Stars from Michael Crawford to Liza Minnelli, Health Troubles & His Journey Back to Work
- Twitter Moment shows exactly how devastating the GOP healthcare bill would be for one family
- Nutrition Risk Score Helps Identify Malnutrition in Patients After Heart Surgery
- A mom's viral tweets about her son's medical bills sums up what's at stake in the Obamacare debate
- Mother of boy with rare genetic disorder tweets hospital bill
- SickKids Celebrates Father's Day With A Sweet Story Of One Tough Dad
Romanian-born, Canadian-based emcee Florian Gray presents "Night Ride", featuring Sean Rey and Nur, and produced by Toronto-based producer JHANN. Born in Transylvania, his family left post-communist Romania in the mid 1990s for Windsor, Ontario. In 2008 Florian became a nomad, drifting throughout Asia, Europe and Australia, and is now based in Toronto. Florian recently released the Citizen Earth EP (Soundcloud) along with visuals for "Untouchable"(Youtube). "The inspiration for the song was born out of many gin-soaked nights spent listening to blues artists like Sonny Boy Williamson and Howling Wolf," Florian says. "My boy Sean Rey, who also features on the song, actually introduced me to the blues, and one night we just decided to take some common themes of the genre and flip them upside down on their heads to create a banger." Florian's sophomore project is due late 2017.
- Facebook's ex-CTO said he'd be 'very surprised' if consumer internet companies succeeded in Europe (FB)
- Stream Denzel Curry 13 EP
- How music streaming service SoundCloud ended up on the brink of extinction
- A budget road trip through Dracula country
- Drewry: Asia-Med Prices to Remain Firm until Q4
- The Lunas Share "a Curious Life"'
- Jon Ang: WordPress in Asia - Growth and Future
Atlanta rapper/producer J Cutta presents "LTU", his new single produced by Cutta and King Corn Beatzz. J has produced for the Youngbloodz, the Dungeon Family (click here to hear "Fall Back"), has opened for Soulja Boy and has been featured on mixtapes with DJ Scream and DJ Teknikz. J's last album was Life, Lies & Luxury (stream on Bandcamp), which spawned the single "Livin" (watch the music video). Last summer he released his single "Summer Of Sam" (listen), and released several songs on Soundcloud as part of his Music Mondays series (Soundcloud). "The idea and the creation of the song came from good vibes in the studio," J says. "I wrote a few different hooks for this track. Recorded all the different hooks and decided this was the one. I really wanted to create something different from my usual. I listened to this track over a hundred times in the process of completing the record. I get anal from time to time when it comes to a song so this should pay off in the long run." Listen to the new track from J Cutta above.
- Rinse FM Has Been Removed From Soundcloud
- SoundCloud's CEO is trying to stop rumours it's shutting down
- TrapBoy Freddy On First Sip Of Cough Syrup At 14, Stopping After Actavis Pulled From Market
- Can't Move on? Chris Brown Likes Rihanna's Sexy Pic on Instagram
- Antonio Conte to challenge Jose Mourinho in commercial earnings after signing booking agency deal
- Baby Driver Will Make You Forget That You Hate Ansel Elgort
- Download Vacations' OVO-Approved Drake x Sade Mashup EP More Love
Michael grew up in Benton Harbor, Michigan where he and his brother where first exposed to the music of their father, a talented saxophonist. Listening to and writing music was a part of the family routine.
Over the last several years, Mstokes -- as he calls himself -- spent countless hours working with both established and up-and-coming artist.
He was featured on Flo-Rida’s “American Superstar” and Gucci Mane's "Money Machine" featuring Rick Ross.
“ We work, that’s what we here to do," Michael says, reflecting on his extensive collection - over 2000 recordings. He is currently working on completing his new project to be released this fall.
Produced by Vandal & Luccie Fontane for Honorable Court
Follow Michael Stokes on all social media below:
IG - OfficialMStokes
FB - Facebook.com/whoismichaelsto
Twitter - OfficialMStokes
SnapChat - MStokesMusic88
- Spotify is throwing a 'real world tour' with rappers and hip-hop artists
- Aaron Carter arrested on DUI, marijuana charges
- Million Dollar Listing New York's Fredrik Eklund Just Dropped a Single and You'll Be Singing It All Summer
- Gucci Mane, YoungBoy Never Broke Again, And More Announced For Lil Wayne's Lil Weezyana Festival 2017
- Watch Selena Gomez' Seductive New Video for 'Fetish'
- Desiigner - "Liife" (Feat. Gucci Mane)
- Kesha's comeback: a timeline of her bitter legal feud with Sony and producer Dr Luke