Saturday, September 9, 2017

Boston's J. Lye Debuts Album "Behind the Lyes" | @IAmJLye |

J. Lye

Apple Music Spotify


Boston's J. Lye may only be releasing his debut album, "Behind the Lyes", today but the upstart MC has been making noise for the past 5 years including delivering the hometown anthem "City on My Back (Boston)":

Watch "City on My Back (Boston)" video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGREe1G28ro

On "Behind the Lyes", J. Lye speaks on transitioning from his younger years to manhood and how the city of Boston influenced his music and his upbringing:

"‘Behind The Lyes’ is the first album i’ve ever released, and the first project i’ve released in over 5 years. This album is incredibly personal to me, and spends time touching on my transition from my younger years, to becoming the man that I am today. Sonically, the album incorporates a ton of different sounds, but blends together to make a very complete project. The first two songs released were ‘Re-Introduction’ and ‘Let’s Talk’, and a video for ‘Back On The Market’ is on the way. I’ve always strived to make music that represents me, but also represents my city of Boston, and I believe this album does just that. I hope you all enjoy it."

The album features guest appearances from the likes of Nitty Scott, Yung Bean, Gio Dee, and more.

'Behind the Lyes' tracklisting:

1) Re-Introduction


2) Back On The Market (Feat. Yung Bean)


3) Shane Hubbard (Interlude)


4) All I Need (Feat. Nitty Scott)


5) Wild & Hurt


6) Kasara Antonelli (Interlude)


7) Let’s Talk


8) City On Notice


9) You Don’t Know (Feat. Gio Dee & Millyz)


10) Drinks On Us (Feat. Tyler Pag)


11) Take You There


12) Need More


13) Ashely Sofia (Interlude)


14) I Still


15) Nightmares Of A Sinner

No comments:

Post a Comment