Wednesday, August 9, 2017

De'Wayne Jackson - Truth Is (Official Video) | @iDeWayneJackson |

De'Wayne Jackson doesn't run from the memories of a past relationship in his new video for "Truth Is." He soulfully croons about the ups and downs of his first love while a part of him still longs for that connection. As he reminisces on the past with emotional honesty and lingering questions, the visual illustrates his words through captivating scenes. Under gradient skies and starry backyard lights, the closeness between him and his ex-unravels before they go their separate ways.

"I wrote "Truth Is" after a visiting home [Houston, TX] for the first time since moving to Los Angeles, CA. It was a little over a year since I had been back. During my visit, I spent some time catching up with my ex and I noticed how far apart we had grown from each other. She was my first love, we met in seventh grade and she was the only person I had ever been with."


[CREDITS]
Directors: Mike Lev & Ali Cengiz
Producers: Mike Lev & Naveed Hassan
Director of Photography: Ali Cengiz
Assistant Editors: Erik Rojas & Shai Lev
Editor: Mike Lev
Color: Gabe Sanchez
Song Production: André Paxton
Production Crew: Admiral Larry III, Samuel King & Evan Nelson
Production Company: BLK MTN, LLC

[LYRICS]
Verse 1 -
why you had to run away and leave me here
I did every motherfucking thing to keep you here,
I got a tattoo of ya name my dear I brought
you flowers that never change when fall here
still not good enough, you just to damn important
to be in love you just too damn busy to pick ya phone up
unless you need some extra money to run it up
our best days in the past and i hate to say it
why you treat me like I'm brand new i seen ya naked
i bathe you like you my baby the distance driving me crazy and
lately i been alone so you should just come and pay me a visit
if i vent would you listen i got 21 questions
you only gimme a minute i don’t care if it's hairy
baby ya know I'm a lick it until you
leg get to shaking until ya kicking and finished
haha yeah, ya know the things we use to do
back at my mama house they left me home alone
so much it felt like it was mine crib so big two story
we getting high forget the hard times baby
that was you and i fly away to forget the pain
we both got issues they don’t hurt
the same and i never felt love like this
so it’s hard to leave the truth remains
that you were still made for me.

Hook 1 -
the truth is i still think about you in the night
the truth is girl i can't let you go
the truth is every time that I'm down the truth is
i wanna call you right now the truth is.

Verse 2 -
karma finally caught up huh
what a damn shame you ain’t perfect
my nigga i see you hurting my nigga
stop being passive aggressive
you only hurting you nigga now I told you
this would happen long time ago
but you hate to listen now my loving far away
and this kitty you ain’t seeing till you up on that plane
and come down to the H you know we don’t play
where the caddies ride slow and them 4's gone swang
but back to the topic actually i forgot it
younging with a bright future i wanna see you
inside it now I'm killing my pride i just want
all yo vibes remember back in the day
when you said you would ride
thought i could live without you
well baby that was a lie i don’t mind
the chase so many miles away
i just need you I'm missing that ol thang
I just need you here I'm missing that ol thang.

Hook 2 -
the truth is i still think about you in the night
the truth is girl i can't let you go
the truth is every time that I'm down the truth is
when you not around.
The truth is (that you were still made for me) i still think about you in the night
the truth is (that you were still made for me) i can't let you go
the truth is (that you were still made for me) everytime that I'm down the truth is
i wanna call you right now.

Bridge -
I just need you here.
I'm missing that old thang.
i just need you here I'm missing that old thang
I just need you here I'm missing that old thang.
oh i just need you here I'm missing that old thang.


No comments:

Post a Comment