Friday, March 31, 2017

ZVNE - Stay Quiet (Prod. Baz)

https://soundcloud.com/the-a-3/zvne-stay-quiet

 

ZVNE born Zane Rose-Davis is a 22-year-old hip-hop artist originally from Hamilton, New Zealand, now based in Perth, Australia. Having stumbled upon music by chance, ZVNE has been writing and recording since the age of 17, drawing on his personal experiences to create a sound both relatable yet unconventional. 


Recorded, mixed and mastered at Tyson Brown Studios, and produced by Baz, “Stay Quiet” is the debut single from ZVNE, a mixture of heavy bass lines, soft melody and clean, raw vocals. 


“It’s about coming to the realization that you are truly on your own. No matter how many people you ride with, at the end of the day the only person you can rely on is yourself, and it is up to you to decide whether or not that is loneliness or freedom,” says ZVNE on creating the new single. 


“It came to me at a time where musically, I was at my loneliest as a result of some personal decisions I had made. I was left in this empty space reflecting on why I started music in the first place and questioning who I was really making my music for. Loneliness can be an isolating experience, but in this case it was a grounding one. It helped me rekindle a spark that had always been there, but would dim and brighten depending on the people I surrounded myself with.” 


“It’s an accolade to anyone who has ever had to make the choice to leave a certain person, situation or lifestyle that was no longer serving you in order to grow and realize that “you’ve got the juice”, and you’ve had it all along.” 


With his 2017 releases, ZVNE plans to expand his reach by continuing to work with likeminded creatives and performing as much as he can. “I want my music to do for people what music does for me. To act as an anchor to a person, place, or time, and to evoke a feeling that remains even when the song has to come to an end.” Constantly running the hamster wheel of creativity, ZVNE is one to watch. 

No comments:

Post a Comment