Friday, March 24, 2017

Ang P - "My Profile" ft. Lega'C Jones & Dice

This past year Northwest emcee Ang P lost his best friend of 20 plus

years who was fighting a serious bout of depression.  Like most

people who feel pain in the wake of a loss of this magnitude,

Ang P was asking himself this question, "Could I have

done something to stop this from happening?"


Exactly one year to date from the release of his album, L.I.F.E. -

Living In Fear Everyday, Ang P returns with the video

to his song, "My Profile", dedicated to his late

best friend, Nick Longueira.


The black and white visual shot by Red Williamson of Newspin Film

seems simple on the surface, but has a very rich context.

The video features Ang P front and center rapping his

lyrics while a sad mime acts out the feelings and

emotions contained in the song itself.


"Man I’m feelin’, man I’m feelin’ kinda stressed today/ Wish I was feelin’, wish I’m feelin’ kinda blessed today/ It’s f****d up, how much depression weighs/ And can’t nobody help you deal with that depression mane/ You gotta keep on and be strong..."

 

With "My Profile" and the accompanying visual Ang P wanted to shed

some light on some of the feelings associated with depression

while honoring the memory of his friend who fought this

disease his entire life.

No comments:

Post a Comment